Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Jobless

Well God has seen fit to make me a poor bastard. I worked at Wal-Mart for over 2 years, and they fired me back in September because I "stole 11 minutes off the time clock." I think that they were looking for an excuse to fire me, because they could then hire a new guy who would get $1.20 an hour less in wages and wouldn't qualify for insurance.

Since then I have had two jobs, one as a dishwasher, which was just a temp thing. The other was for a company called Mountain West Research Center. This was a telephone survey company which I quit because I refuse to get cussed at just for doing what I am supposed to be doing. Call me picky.

I haven't been employed since mid-December, and I can really feel the pinch now. I have submitted about 50 applications since then, but no call backs.

I did receive some good news yesterday though. I am getting over a grand back in my tax return. So that will help me get caught back up in my bills, but what then? I dunno.

I have googled just about everything when it comes to free money, grants, and all that jazz, but 99.999999999999 of it is either a scam or bs. I've even considered government assistance, but I really don't wanna go that route unless I absolutely have to.

Any thoughts?

No comments: